Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Yellowstone Part 2










 Since Maddie started to get an ear infection we drove tot the closest urgent care we could find in...Rexburg!!! It was awesome to go back and see a little bit of the town and campus. I hope we can go back and really spend some time there. Maybe go to the temple since we left before it was completed. We also stopped by Walmart for some supplies and went to the food storage section. I am so jealous of everyone in the Jello Belt that has freeze dried, gamma lid goodness in their grocery stores/ Walmarts.
Everyone went on a river raft ride down stream. I went with the first group in the morning and the second group later on in the day. First group was everyone except Jacob, Serenity, Ben, and Austin. I was a little apprehensive about letting him go down stream in fresh water. His Dr.'s were pretty clear that he was not supposed to go into fresh water with all the bacteria and his immune suppression. After trying the morning session I decided it was safe for Austin. The second time we the rest of the group (Jacob, Serenity, Ben, and Austin) including myself. We saw three moose. Or if you are a Brian Reagan fan we saw three moosen, including a mom and her baby.


Austin started to not feel well and complaining of his ear hurting. It was awful. He was starting to get a fever and the urgent care wasn't open, and all I had to help was Diane and the on call physician at UCLA. I know that seems like a lot but this was the first time that I could not see a Dr that we were used to and I was a little panic stricken. After Diane looked in Austin's ear and found that there was  fluid we called the on-call physician and he wrote us an anti-biotic. Since it was Saturday we need a 24 hour pharmacy but the closest 24 hour pharmacy was in Idaho Falls!!! That was an hour and a half away! We decided we would leave a little early in the morning and pick it up. I really wanted to get him his anti-biotic since we had the drive back to California to look forward to and Austin was not a happy camper. We got him his Anti-biotics and it worked out great.


We met Grandma down in Salt Lake after we put Dad back on a plane to go back to work. We went to Great Grandma Shirley's and Great Grandpa Max's house to say hello, then we headed off to Becky and Bryce's house to stay the night before drove down with Grandma to California.

No comments: