Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Boston




















We came home the day after we were home Austin started him first day of preschool! Not only did we have to adjust to a new house that we needed to unpack but Austin was starting school and we were off to Boston in just three days. Thank goodness Ben's Mom Diane was there to help us get set up before we left. We needed to get the kitchen, bedrooms setup, and the kids clothes.
Ben and I had our first trip by ourselves since we had kids. SO EXCITED! We were able to watch the Republican National Convention that was amazing. I am sure we annoyed the heck out of the guy in our row. I was bawling while watching the guests come out and speak about Mitt Romney. Ben and I help hands and really enjoyed watching the convention while we flied to Boston. We went to our good friends Kareem's wedding to his fiance Zaina. The wedding was beautiful, a traditional Muslim ceremony performed by Kareem's Dad. The reception was very traditional as well with lots of dancing, traditional Syrian music performances, and Arabic poetry. It was so exciting, fascinating, and fun to participate. Towards the end of the night they uncovered a 50 foot desert table. It was amazing! We danced the night away and then summed it up with singing karaoke "Like a Virgin" to the couple. Yep, an epic evening. Then we went around Boston and took in the sights. We stayed with my Cousin Kyle and his girlfriend Shannon. We went out to dinner with them at a fancy French restaurant where I tried escargot for the first time. SO GOOD. Ha, yeah I like all food, the stranger the better. At the end of the trip, before we went to the airport, we went to Salem to see the witch houses and walk through the town. Super fun and interesting.

No comments: