Monday, February 11, 2013
Moses Lake Part 7
It is a tradition for Ben and I to take Papa Vern and GG out to lunch for Papa's Birthday. It is a great time to visit without the little ones as well as make Papa feel special.
The cousins had a great time playing everything from play dough, playing down stairs in Grandma's huge toy room, to running around outside. It was August and very warm so water guns were a big hit. They liked to squirt everything, everyone, and wash Grandma's van even. Hanging on the lower branches and having foot races was very fun. Austin and Emma are holding a "prize" for having a tie in the foot race.
We all went bowling and had so much fun! The kids loved doing it themselves, and were actually quite good. Austin got a strike and Emma picked up some spares. Jonathan had a great time, ans well as Aunt Amy and Grandpa.
Princess had been really slow and not eating. Getting up was hard for her to do. She was very old, and seemed to be getting sick and suffering so Grandma decided to it was time to put her down. Ben went with her and helped bury her next to Pepper. Emma kept talking about Princess being in Heaven. Poor Grandma was very sad.
We stopped to visit with Great Grandma Lois. I know the kids wonder why we go to see her. She really isn't the Grandma that I knew in that she is so much older and can't get around, but she is still my Grandma that I love so much. I am glad they come along with me, even though they don't quiet understand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment