Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our 3 1/2 Week Vacation

Grandpa Jones and Austin, in this picture he was being mischievous and trying to run us over in his chair!
The sibs being silly.

The girls table at the family reunion.
G-G Dona and Grammy Mindy at Chico's.
Rachel holding a baby? :) What is going on around here?
Porkchop crawled up the tree, but could not get down, silly kitty!

My goofy, lovable family.
My Handsome husband sporting a goatee.
Serenity and I after our gala fireworks at the Bakers, we love you Serenity, so happy to have you join the family!
The Jones family (first picture with everyone together in 7 years!)
The Page family, we love you!
Goofing off listening to music with my brother.
We had a reunion on the Jones side of the family. Here is Logan, he is a day younger than Austin, it was so good to see you guys!

First time swimming!

I thought that he kind of had the Gerber Baby expression here.

Here is Austin with Ben's brother's Fiance Serenity. We went weddign dress shopping which was so fun, thanks for letting me dress you up!

Austin and I just returned from a 3 1/2 week vacation, I am so exhausted! (We planned this before we were prego, there is no way that I would have planned this knowing that I would have to go through morning sickness the whole time) Ben came with us to Moses Lake for two weeks then had to go home for work. Since we were gone so long I am going to break our trip down into a few post so that I record our trip.
We first went to Moses Lake and visited with Ben and I's family. Ben has not had his whole family together for 7 years, so that was kind of a big deal. He has five siblings, so as you can imagine it was really busy, but really fun. I always had someone to hold Austin which was a welcome relief since where we live we do not have a lot of family. We also met a lot of new people. Ben was the first to get married in his family almost 4 years ago and about a year and a half ago his older sister Stephanie got married to Justin. It was really fun to get to know Justin more and spend time with them. But what was really entertaining and fun to watch was all the other siblings, the three of them were all dating a particular someone while we were there. Cell phones, and dates and hanging out, it was so much fun to watch so much young love blossom. Ben's next oldest sibling Jacob is engaged to Serenity, they will be married next spring some time she is wonderful and we wish them the best. Then the next two sibling Warren and Becky had there special friends come and hang out with us, they also have picked some great people to date, good job guys! You have good taste! It reminded me of everything that Ben and I went through while we were dating, and how lucky I am that we are now sealed in the temple and can concentrate on our family. It was really fun to watch our family go through some of the same experiences we did.
Ben's family also had a reunion on the Jones side all but one of the seven siblings were there! Aunt Martha made it really fun with her superlative awards. We received 'traveling the farthest' and Austin was given 'the happiest family member'. We went bowling, had really yummy food (thanks Aunt Sarah, Aunt Lorraine, and Aunt Rachel), and did a lot of visiting.
We also visited with my family. My parents have two new kittens that Austin adored and a new Corgy puppy that adored Austin. My brother Trevor came up for the fourth and we had fun having the whole family together. My little sister Julia is growing up so fast and it was fun to see how much changing she had done in just a few short months from when we saw her last. My Dad and Step-Mom have been busy finishing the remodel on their house. We had a lot of fun taking Austin swimming for the first time, playing cards, and watching Austin try and crawl. Great Grandma Dona and Great Grandpa Vern were there too, and it was nice to hear stories from long ago. Mindy, Julia, Austin, and I went to Port Angeles. That was so much fun!!!!! I have not really been back and visited in 4 1/2 years so I had a ball looking at all my old haunts from High School. We also visited forks, but that will be on my next post for all of my Twilight friends out there. We BBQed, and hung out on the porch and Mindy made me whatever I wanted, and took me to get my hair cut (I was so spoiled!). Thanks Mindy, love you! Over all it was a really fun trip, but we are glad to be home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Both families in one trip is NICE!! It sounds like you had tons and tons of fun. A much needed vacation I am sure. Austin is looking so big and what a cute grin he always has on. Love it!