Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, July 11, 2011

Austin's Other Birthday

We were just informed that Austin will have his transplant on August 2nd. Quite literally this will be his other birthday, a new lease on life. A gift. We are a mix of emotions, but I think that we are mainly in disbelief. We worked really hard to get to this point, and felt sometimes we were pushing just for pushing's sake since things were at a stand still for so long, but now it is right around the corner. I try not to think of how scary this is, and just think of all the great things that will be a result of the transplant. When I take any time to really think about it I get really scared and sometimes I even get sick to my stomach. So I try and keep busy, and distracted. Ben and I were talking today about how we are kind of in survival mode. I have to confess that I have not really made dinner in 2 weeks, or really cooked at all. So yes we are in survival mode right now, but happily so. What an exciting time for our family! It is scary, but I think that I am going to keep myself in denial and just not think about it.
I am so grateful for this gift from Jacob, whenever I talk to him I really don't know what to say. What can you say to someone who is giving you such a precious gift? I thank him but words fail me beyond expressing this simple declaration.
We thank you for your continued prayers.

3 comments:

Kevin and Eliza said...

That is so exciting!! Aug. 2nd is a great day, it is my anniversary!! I'm so glad that things are working out and that you found a donor. Hooray for family! Good luck!

Cassidy said...

YAY!!!! That is wonderful news.

Christine said...

I am so excited for you guys that this is happening! We are continually praying for Austin and hope the surgery goes well for all. :)