Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, August 24, 2009

Boots

So I told Ben the other day "I think rain boots for kids are kind of rediculous, what is the point of them...yadayadayada..." The next day I went to a department store that I had a gift certificate to and was looking in the shoe section and found these.








Austin just loved them!!! He laughed and and tried to put them on, and then didn't want to take them off. I've never seen him like that, and it was so fun. So guess what? I bought'em. Yep, even though I had just said the day earlier that I thought they were dumb. Ben thought that it was hilarious and poked fun at me, but he liked them so much! It wasn't just that he liked them but it was such a sweet innocent sort of joy that it gave him, I just had to give in.

We bought Austin a train table and train set for Christmas off Craigslist for $50, which isn't a bad deal. After reading some not so great reviews about the kind we bouhgt we took it out to try it and Austin loved it. He loves to say "tah, tah, tah, hoo-hoo" (like chugga, chugga, choo, choo). So cute. Sadly we put it away for Christmas (if we give everyting to him know what would have to look forward to at Christmas?) but he still likes to watch Thomas the train videos, and read his train books. He is such a fun, smart kid, he's a keeper.

Emma sat up all by her lonesome today! She still will not take a bottle. Here are some of the things I have tried: 1) Fresh pumped milk 2) Dr Brow and Avent bottles 3) Have Ben feed her, other people feed her, she refuses a bottle! If anyone has anyother tips I would welcome them!!!!

Here are our good friends Dan and Heather, sadly they are moving away. You will be missed!





Emma Loraine is sooo cute!





4 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

sadly Cambree never took a bottle either. I am starting early with this one!!! I did keep trying though and about 10 months she FINALLY took a bottle!! Good Luck, sorry I don't really have any advice. Maybe try her on a sippy cup? Your kiddos sure are cute though, and I was really bummed we missed you, our weekends just never lined up!

Unknown said...

Oh that is hilarious! They are some cute boots though. Austin is such a grown up BOY and Emma is still such a cutie. Good luck with a bottle. All I can say is keep giving it to her, she will get it. Also we use Playtex VentAir bottles. I don't know if the bottle makes a difference only cause that is all we have used and we used a bottle twice a week while I was nursing to keep him in the habit. I wish you luck, a crying starving baby is no fun.

Anna said...

We had rain boot for Braden in Seattle this winter and he loved to wear the, even though they were to big for him then, but now, in the heat of AZ I can't pry them off the kid. He loves them and always wants to wear them. Poor kid gets red cheeks from wearing them, but it prevents a tantrum, so I let him. My mother-in-law bought them at Swains in Port Angeles. I am thinking of asking her to buy another pair when he grows out of them.

Unknown said...

was that settlers you were playing... we totally love that game... we will have to get together next time you guys are in town