
The Sonics 41st and hopefully not last season got underway last night in Denver. The big attraction that got them on national T.V. was of course Kevin Durant, who showed us some things in his debut, but also made clear that it will take some time before we see his infinite potential turned into a nightly display of perfection. His 18 point on 7 of 22 shooting show us that he isn't scared to take a shot, but could stand to hit a few more.
The big story of course this season is not the arrival of Kevin Durant, but rather the future of NBA basketball in Seattle. There are signs that the legal battle is going to drag out long enough to give Seattle law makers a chance to come up with an arena solution, but the situation definitely appears bleak....we can only hope for the best.
Other than that I found myself suprisingly excited for the coming NBA season, mostly because as I throw my support to my childhood team, I am also holding auditions for a new favorite team. I have already come up with a short list of candidates, and will be following them and preparing myself for the likely Sonics divorce that will be required. Those teams include: Portland Trailblazers (it is awkward considering them having spent so many years hating them), Phoenix Suns, LA Clippers, and the N.O. Hornets.

1 comment:
I would go with the suns. At least as long as Nash plays with them. I heard a rumor the other day that if the sonics move then Paul allen will move the blazers to seattle. Not sure how true that is but still interesting.
Post a Comment