My kids have been noticing patterns and learning how to match things. Emma and Austin really like to talk about the differences between boys and girls in the non-traditional sense. If Ben and Austin are doing something, like walking hand in hand, and I am holding Emma she will point out that girls like to be held and boys don't, or that boys like to hold hands and girls don't. If Austin doesn't like something Emma will say "But girls do!! Girls like it and boys don't!". Or I tell Austin to eat his lunch and he responds "But boys don't like lunch!". Uh-huh. Right.
They are also becoming Geography buffs. We drove to Arizona to see Ben's Brother Jacob and they kept talking about how Grandmas and Grandpas live in Washington we live in California and Jacob lives in Arizona. When we reached the state lines they get really excited and celebrate. They look around expecting it to look really different (at least it seems). Emma saw a map of the US on the TV the other day and said "Look, there is America!". She really does have a great memory. They ask all the time if we can go to Washington tomorrow. Everything in the future is tomorrow. Emma says things like "You gonna get that for me for Christmas tomorrow, okay?", "We go to Disney World tomorrow, right?".
They both identify that things sometimes have a order. But they like to say "odor". Oh so cute. Austin asks "Is that in the right odor?", "We need to put this in the right odor.", "Mom! What odor does this go in?" You get the picture. Emma does this as well.
Austin has been fighting dragons with his sword and "gun shooter" (a paper tube that some very large pictures came in). He also says:
- What letter is that???
- What number is that???
- I have just one more thing to ask.
- I wanna fight you!
Emma has been saying "NO!" all the time. All. The. Time. It has been hard. The other day after two hours of asking her to clean-up her toys in the toy room she had a fit and yelled at me. So I sent her to time out and locked up the toy room till the next day. She was a trooper. I mean a punishment like that is worse for the parent than for the kid. She also has been getting into everything. She was supposed to be in bed, but when I went to bed I found she had snuck into my room and got into my lotion by my bed side. It was all over the carpet with a bunch of tissues from her trying to clean it up. I guess it's good that at least she tried to fix it. We found her asleep in her bed and it was all over in her hair and she had a rude awakening when we sprayed her down real quick to get it out. I pray for patience!!!! She loves to have tea party picnics, play dress up, and paint her toe nails. She is all girl, except when she wrestles with her brother. She can beat him, she can be ruthless! There is a lot spunk in that little girl. The Incredibles movie is her favorite movie now. We both love watching it together.
1 comment:
It's fun to read about your kids, hear what they're learning and loving. Seeing the World through their eyes... isn't it amazing? All those gears just going around and around in their little minds. I love it! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment