Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

We need your prayers.

I don't even know where to start. Our wonderful little ball of energy is laying in a hospital bed in front of me and it tears my heart in two. Having to explain everything over again will make me cry so I will make this short. Austin caught E. Coli, which caused HUS (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/779218-overview). His kidney's are not working right now and so we are at Spokane Sacred Heart Children's Hospital in the ICU. He is stable, but they are having to give him blood transfusions and dialysis.

We are really hoping with the upcoming Fast Sunday that we can ask everyone to fast and pray for him, and anyone you know that would be willing to do the same. We need your prayers and positive thoughts! It is what is keeping us going, and keeping us positive right now.


We are also asking everyone we know to donate blood to their local blood bank (kind of paying it forward for all of the blood Austin will be using) or finding an Inland Northwest Blood Center to donate to to in Austin's name (http://www.inbc2.org/). They also need our address
1710 W Hillcrest Dr.
Apt #134
Newbury Park, Ca 91320
This can offset some of our costs, but more importantly replace some of the blood we are using. Thanks for every one's love and support. We just want our little guy back and running. We will write more later.

Ben and Cortney

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I am so sorry Courtney. I will donate blood just as quickly as they will allow me to again. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

becky ward said...

oh courtney! i cannot even begin to realize what you are going through. our home will certainly be praying for austin and your family...and fasting this sunday! stay strong.

Anna said...

Cortney! I couldn't even imagine the heartache you must be feeling right now. Having a sick child is the worst experience. Austin and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. He is a strong little guy, and angels are watching over him. We love you!

Cassidy said...

You guys are in our prayers!! Hang in there. Oh our prayers are with you.

Carissa said...

Oh Courtney. My heart hurts for your sweet little family. You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!

Kevin and Eliza said...

I feel for you. That must be very hard to watch. Having little ones sick and they don't understand is so difficult. Austin and your family will be in my fast this Sunday. Don't give up!

*MICHELLE CAUDLE* said...

Ben & Courtney, I'm SO sorry that you & your family are going through this. You will be in our prayers and in our Fast this Sunday and I'll see if I can get in to donate blood this next week. We wish your family the best.