So I started off the day driving to Simi Valley to go to Wal-mart since the one in Oxnard isn't that great. The kids were doing well, we went into the store to exchange some shoes. I found out there was a recall on them so went to go find others, but they didn't have half sizes. He really didn't have any shoes that fit him except for rain boots so I decided to go down to Camarillo and let the kids sleep in the car (it's a 35 min drive) to the outlets to find a pair of shoes. I went to 6 different stores till finally at the Striderite store I found some. No wonder nothing ever fit because he is a wide! SO we bought shoes for $15! I was annoyed that I paid more than $10 but I have such a hard time finding shoes that fit and after such a long day I caved. So now he has new shoes, and I guess $15 (and few $ in gas) for striderite shoes isn't too bad since full price they charge $45. I know that payless has wide widths but they never seem to have his size or ones that are comfortable for him. I went into Skechers and they were charging $45 on sale! I turned around to walk out of the store and said to Austin "I don't buy me shoes for that much!". Enough said.
P.S. Does anyone have any other suggestions for cheaper shoes for my wide width boy? I have been trying to go to second hand stores with no luck!

3 comments:
I KNOW! It's totally annoying. I hear striderite shoes are the best but man, they charge big $$ for them. I went to buy Alex snow- boots last year and freaked out at the prices for kids boots! I went to a second-hand store instead and I got him some almost brand new boots for like $5. And you got it sista, there isn't any way I'm spending more moola on my kids shoes than on my own!
I agree with you 100%. Kids shoes are so outrageously priced that I haven't bought him any. I will have to start looking for this winter. But I feel you on the wide shoes. My sister had to get shoes at Stride Rite forever. And I never spend $45 dollars on shoes either. :)
Post a Comment