Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Terrible twos!

So Austin has a bad case of the terrible twos! He has a meltdown every 20 minutes or so and spends lots of time getting disciplined. Like every other parent out there I think to myself "I hope that I am doing this right!" when I am correcting him. It is hard when I tell him not to do something and he acts out by hitting his sister or me, and with such a look of defiance! He can be really great sometimes, and so much fun, but he sometimes just has major meltdowns. I ask myself, where did my little boy go? For all you mommies out there you know what I mean! Ahhhh!
(Sorry no pics, won't let me load them...)

7 comments:

Giles Fam said...

I feel your pain!! Cali is the same way. We have good days and bad days--and I always worry I am doing things right. I have to pray for patience every day--and I'm sorry to say I am far from perfect. But I'm sure you're doing a great job! Keep it up, and know you are not alone. :)

Christine said...

I am right there with you! It seems that Logan is always throwing a tantrum for some reason or another. I never know what to do, but I have found that on the days where I'm more relaxed, the tantrums aren't as bad, or at least, there aren't as many. But I have to say that those days are rare. Good luck and know that you aren't alone with this. It's got to end sometime right?

The Graham Family! said...

As everyone else has said.. I HEAR YA! Ashlyn is almost 3 and it's still not over with. I hear from a lot of people that 3's can often be worse than the 2's!! I look at my little Taylee and say to myself "Please don't grow up! I will miss my quiet, happy, unopinionated baby!! Don't be like your sister!!" haha! I dread the day that she starts up too! I guess every age has its perks.. but I must say that the 2's is NOT my favorite!

Sara Love said...

Hello Jones family. It's been a while! Hope you are well. After reading this post about your son, I must say we can relate very well! We went through a rough time with our oldest when he was two, also. Two's a hard age! And throwing in a new sibling makes things hard for them too, I think. Hang in there! Now our son is three, and really, it is better. Not as many fits and we're able to reason with him more. You guys are doing great. I haven't seen you as parents, but I know you're doing a fine job! Take care. Love, Dave and Sara Milton

Melissa and Lance Atkins said...

Hey. Oh, same with Will. I know everyone has their feelings about spanking. I really am trying hard to not do that. But the other day Will was so bad I did. You know what he did? He looked at me and said "Don't hit me." I felt horrible.

Justin and Stephanie said...

You are doing a great job with him. You love him and he knows it. I love the song by Darius Rucker "It won't be like this for long." Raising kids is hard and every phase seems to come with challenges, but they grow up so fast. I love you!

Denisse said...

Cortney! It was so nice to see your comment the other day! I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well!

The terrible two's huh? man! it's TERRIBLE isn't it??? Both of my kids have gone through it...Braden is getting over it but not quite there yet...I'm happy to tell you that it gets better...just be consistent...which is the HARDEST thing to do! It is exhausting! And just like Lauren I pray for patience EVERY day! Love him lots, sometimes when my kids get so defiant I send them to time-out and after they have done their time I ask them if they need a hug, sometimes they just need to feel secure and loved...you are doing a good job! and know that we ALL know what you're going through...:)