Since I didn't need a flash I finally got a smile out of her (the flash scares her).
Austin had croup and rosiola at the same time! Poor buddy. Ben made this little cozy fort for him.
Austin had a ball playing in the water. I think that I need to invest in a kiddie pool.
My three most favorite people in the whole world.
We made cookies, Austin just had to wear an apron like Mom.
I love being her Mommy!
Smile!
Emma is very close to rolling over, this was taken a month ago! She still hasn't rolled over from her back to tummy, but she can roll from her tummy to back. I'm not complaining though, one mobile child is enough for now.
As we dive into this summer Austin and Emma are growing like weeds. We are enjoying watching them grow up. I now understand why people have such large families, having a baby around is so much fun (especially when you are not pregnant at the same time)!
For all stay at home Moms (SAHM) out there, I want to recommend a very uplifting and informative book by Dr. Laura called "In Praise of Stay at Home Moms". It really opened my eyes to the importance of my current occupation and emphasises how to keep your marriage strong, and you motivated to stay home and make the most of it. It made me realize something I had chosen to be a SAHM but I had not taken the step to actually enjoy it. That might sound strange but I really didn't know how to enjoy it, how to play with my kids, how to relax, and this book really helped me with that. With that said go out there and read it! It really is what the title is, you will feel like a super hero after reading it! I want to thank Ben's Mom for sending it to me, I will send it to you Steph pretty soon (when you have an address).

7 comments:
Oh I love you guys but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your kids!! They are so cute. I hope Austin wasn't sick for too long, that stinks. Emma is growing so fast. And I will definitely go check out that book. What mom could pass up some positive energy! I love being a SAHM, but some days are tougher than others. You are a great mom!
PS umm should I dare mention that we are going to a Mariners game in Aug?? (David's sister is getting married in Portland and the family is heading up to Seattle for 2 days afterwards..minus the bride and groom of course) hehe
Seriously such cute kids. Good job! I am so glad you finally updated your blog.
Thank you Cortney. I would love to read it. I am excited to have an address again. :o) The pictures are so fun and cute. We will miss seeing them this summer, but look forward to it in December!! We love you!
oooo! I've heard that book is great. I need to go get it now that you mentioned it! I can't wait to see your kids when you come visit!!
The pictures are so cute!!! They are growing like weeds!!!
What beautiful kids!!
I will have to look at that book. It sounds pretty good. I would not recommend her book the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, though. I do not like that book. Lance loves it though. I am sure she didn't mean what I got from it, but that book gave me the message that I should cook and clean all the time without expecting help and then, well, you know, do whatever with your husband on demand. Lance and I always joke about that book.
Post a Comment