Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, April 3, 2009

A few thoughts from dad

For all of you out there with two kids, my hat goes off to you. It has been an awesome, but overwhelming experiance thus far keeping our two little angles alive. Fortunately we have two pretty cool kids that give us a new adventure everyday....but man is it a lot of work. Fortunately for me I get to take a break from the real work about 9 hours a day Mon-Fri, and leave Cortney alone to fend for herself. Here is a little of what the little ones have been up to, and a few pictures from years gone by.


Austin is turning into an amazing little "man", everyday he does something new and blows my mind away. In fact just a few days ago I came home from work only to find him getting ready to drive off with Mom's car.




Fortunately he hadn't finished rigging up his foot peddles for the gas and break, or he would have surely been long gone.
He also seems to have a girlfriend...or someone that he really enjoys talking to on his cell phone.


We try to make sure he stays under his monthly minutes, but man people told me that kids are amazing with techonlogy, I just didnt expect Austin to be sending text messages and making phone call by 15 months. But since he manages to give me calls at work every once in a while (yes he really does) Ill let him get away with it.
Austin also, like his dad, REALLY loves baseball, so much so that going to a spring training game put him to sleep. Well at least mom and dad were paying attention.


He did manage a few times to wrestle grandpa's walking stick away a few times to keep himself interested.


All in all it was a great game, and a lot of fun. Glad we could get 4 generations of Jones's all together to enjoy the experiance.
Here is our fist attempt at a video clip. This is just a few seconds of Austin on his normal behavior....you could expand this for about 16 hours and it would basically be what Cortney deals with all day. We sure do love him. (I hope the video works).

So needless to say Cortney spends a little less time Rocking Out...

And a little more time entertaining the little monkey's....
WAIT!!! Not those ones.... these ones....
Cortney and I have decided that Austin and Emma knew each other before they got here, because ever since day one Austin has done everything he can to watch out for his little sister. He gives her hugs when she cries, and pats on the back when she is resting, and send lots of toys to her head when he wants her to play. Cortney and I also think that there were supposed to come down together, but a combination of Heavenly Father not wanting to fry our nerves completely, and Emma making a request for one more year of peace (away from Austin), probably lead them to coming close - but not a the same time.
Now that she is here, she definately has managed to get Dad wrapped around her little finger. I mean did I really have a chance?
Nope I didnt.
Well i gotta get going, so I will just leave everyone with a few more pics that make me smile. Good times!




5 comments:

Ben and Cortney said...

Ben! You did a great job! Yeah for Daddy posts! You do lots of work too, don't fool yourself into thinking that you don't!
love you!
Cortney

Christine said...

That is so sweet! I love the video...that's pretty much my day all day too. I'm glad you guys have the two adorable kids! Gives me hope that I'll be able to survive mine come July. ;)

Unknown said...

That was a terrific post Ben! I loved all those pictures and your commentary along the way. Ahh Rexburg Friends, what and where would we all be without each other. We love your two sweet kids and miss you all.

PS Can Tyler date Emma? :)

Giles Fam said...

CUTE post! Your kids are adorable...and don't scare me about having two kids. :) Not that we are right now, or anywhere near as close as you guys---my hat is off to you guys. They are a lot of work--but oh so fun!

The Taylor Family said...

So cute pictures! And so much fun hearing from "Dad" Your kids are so dang cute!