It has been crazy busy at our house. CRAZY! Of course I put some of the craziness on myself. I won't deny it. We went to a Christmas party down at ABC studios through the Starlight foundation. We won tickets to Donnie and Marie there. Well actually I really wanted to see them and no one else there either wanted to see them or could go since it was that same exact afternoon and there were only 2 tickets. I called all of my friends trying to find someone to go with since Emma didn't really want to go with me. My friend Karen came with me and we had a really good time. Some of the ladies in there acted like Donnie was Elvis and were screaming and swooning over him. It was rather funny. Then Marie went around with lipstick and kept kissing bald guys on the head. Now that was a little creepy. Despite all the other shenanigans the music was pretty awesome, and so was Donnie's dancing. I never thought that I could be so entertained by them. Marie can out and performed some amazing Broadway routines. Her register is higher so she can sound kind of nasally when singing in her lower range and especially in her break, but when she belts the high notes it gives you goose bumps. Donnie though was just all around awesome. He has a great voice.
It was Austin's fifth birthday. I cried. Why is this going so fast??? I want him to stay little! He loves balloons and requested a hundred of them. We blew them up and tied them until our fingers were sore. Then taped cellophane over them so the balloons would rain down on him when he got up. He thought it was pretty cool. He could pick one friend to come over to have dinner with and open presents. The Carrs came and we had homemade syrup, pancakes, and cake. YUM...super nutritious.
As you can see I have a budding fashionista on my hands. Emma will ask me to take pictures and she will pose this way and that. I find the poses pretty hilarious and have no idea where she gets it from.
I also spent a lot of time in December/January getting ready for our trip. I finalized our itinerary, made shirts, skirts, luggage tags, and other little things to make the trip extra special. I also started planning the surprise party to announce when we were leaving.
I went into Toys R Us to find a light saber for Austin. The one thing he asked for was a blue light saber (Luke Skywalker) to fight Darth Vader when we went to Disney World. As the associate and I were looking I explained why finding this was so important. She responded "Well we have to find that light saber!". She proceeded to call around to other stores and found one about an hour away. There was another associate driving through there so they had them pick it up for us. I was excited since our trip was a week away. I cam back the following Monday to find a beautifully wrapped package waiting for us. At no charge. I burst into tears and told them they were going to make his day and his trip. The were crying too. It was a great way to start our Make A Wish trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment