Austin came home on the afternoon of the 16th. It was a loooong two weeks, but he made it. His kidney is working well. It is has been somewhat nerve racking, but really great to not have dialysis. Everything is new. New meds, new things to look for, new things to worry about. He is doing so well that they are going to switch him to once a week labs/visits. It has taken some getting used to, sometimes I have to remind myself to take a step back and appreciate this for what it really is instead of nit picking or borrowing trouble over little thing. Austin has received a successful kidney transplant. Wow. It feels great to say that!

3 comments:
That is so wonderful!!! I'm so happy for Austin and your family. Congrats!!!
That was actually me, I didn't realize I was signed in.
So glad he's home and things are better. You truly are amazing and we couldn't be happier for you all to have this successful kidney!
Post a Comment