As I have said previously we are in between Austin and Emma needing a nap. When Austin doesn't take a nap he goes to bed great and sleeps for about 11 hrs. Same for Emma. Without a nap I have to work hard to keep them awake around 4 or 5, and they don't go to bed until 10. Austin has been throwing-up since we stopped napping, so we are going to back to napping to see if that improves.
Anyway, today they were being extra loud after I put them down. After about an hour I heard knocking and went to check on them. Emma was standing there almost in tears saying "Brudie made mess...". Now I love children's books and we have TONS. Someone had taken all the books and stacked them around and on top of Emma's bed. Austin confessed. I told him how disappointed I was, then he smiled at me. I went on to explain if he did not want to respect and take care of his toys then maybe cousin Clayton would like them, or some other little boy or girl. That took the smile off his face and the tears started to fall. I warned him if he treated his toys like that I would take them out of his room, a consequence that I will follow through on. He apologized quite profusely.
The meanwhile Emma laid down in my room to take a nap and Austin was in charge of cleaning him room before he could come out. At first he cried and pleaded with me to help, I told him he had to help first and clean-up some before I would help him. It took him a good 45 minutes to make progress, then I hopped in to help. We cleaned up all the books, then Emma had to be persuaded to help with the rest. After about an hour and 45 minutes total we were finally done. Austin and Emma were so proud, I was proud they took a hard lesson and made it in to a good thing. I know that this will happen again, but I think they handled it really well with no major melt downs, and made good choices in the end. They are really awesome kids..

2 comments:
Good job on making them clean! I need to try that on my kids... sigh.
As for naps, my Carter boy still needs them, and he's five, so I have no clue what to say about getting past that. Good luck. As for the same bedroom...when Meg and Carter shared a room, I would put the heavier sleeper, in this case Carter, to bed first, wait till he went to sleep, then put in the other one. Since Carter was so out of it, he slept through Meg fussing as she was being put to bed.
I love reading your blog. Way cute kids.
yeah for all of the blogs! It was fun to see pictures! We miss them and look forward to being able to hang out someday! I love when Clayton gets to play with his cousins! The pictures of the car wash are SO cute! I need to get Justin and Clayton shirts. I have one that mom brought me, even though now it almost doesn't make it around my big belly. This little girl sticks way out! Clayton was more evenly distributed. We love you! It was good to talk to you yesterday!
Post a Comment