Our kids fight all the time, but they have their shinning moments and when push comes to shove they are best friends, and love each other very much. We went out into the the front yard to water the grass and jump through the sprinklers (aka sprinkles). We have some big flexible sticky plastic called Tagaderm from the hospital that we used to cover his dialysis catheter. The only draw back from using this is it can hurt to take it off. Austin was first scared to go all the way through but after I showed him (I had to demonstrate fully clothed) he was unstoppable. He even tried to help Emma go through, holding her hand and coaching her. Emma would try to psyche herself up to go all the way through, then she would run around the outside of it and proclaim "I did it! I did it Mommy!". The sprinkler was cold so I don't blame her!
Austin and Emma love the show the little Einstiens. The main theme to this show is to help others, and their favorite episodes show the characters rescuing someone in trouble. A frequently heard phrase is "To the rescue!". One of them yells "help me, help me!" and then the other runs to the rescue. The pictures show Austin rescuing Emma then hugging her. They also ask each other "are you okay? are you okay?" when they are done. It is really their first pretend game all on their own.
Micha is staying in Emma's room so she is sharing with Austin. They love it and we do too until it is time to take a nap or bed time. We are still trying to figure it out. They love to play instead of rest so they are always falling asleep late and it throws everything off. I also think they are approaching not needing nap. They can make it till about 5:30 or 6 with out a nap then will fall asleep, if I could just get them to make it till 7 then we would be in business. We will keep working on it.

3 comments:
Ohhhhh, these are the cutest pictures and the story of "to the rescue" to match.
It's fun to hear that running through the sprinkler lives on.
ADORABLE!
Super cute! You sometimes just have to savor those moments when they get along so well. I love the pictures of them.
Post a Comment