Dear Austin,
These past couple of months have been really hard, and trying. But you have always endured. You always smile and laugh in the face of adversity. It is amazing. You have taught me so much. To look at life as experiences, and that when I leave this life I want to be rich with them. With the memories of my family. The memories of how my children smelt right after a bath, or how small their hand feels in mine. How great it feels to cuddle with them, and the light in their eye when I make a conscience decision to drop what I am doing and have fun with them. That is really being wealthy.
You have taught me to appreciate things that are small as well as monumental. That we can get through anything. When I feel like I can't take anymore I somehow figure out, by your example, how to do it. I have learned that there is more fight in me than I ever imagined. Thank you for teaching me so much. I now know that life is very short indeed. And that it is okay, since we will always be together, no matter what.
I have a stronger testimony of my Loving Heavenly Father. I am closer to Him. I have greater patience (though I still struggle sometimes). I sometimes feel guilt, since I feel like I have gained so much through this trial. I want you know how sorry I am that you have to go through this and that I would do anything to change it. I would do everything and anything. But I can't, so I can only make everything else the best that I possibly can for you. Thank you so much for all that you do and continue to do for me.
love,
Mom

3 comments:
You guys are one amazing family!
very touching cortney! you are all so strong! and i think about your little family often. stay strong.
You are so strong cortney. I pray daily that this year is a great year for you guys. I really hope that if you need someone to talk to or need anything that you give me a call. I wish you were closer. I hope Austins new Kidney comes soon. I also hope you can stay out of the hospital. We love you guys.
Post a Comment