Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today

I have started a new post on here a few times, but since I post daily status updates on Facebook I didn't know what to share. Today however I have a story to tell.

These last couple of days have been hard. Austin was sent back to the PICU to go on meds to control his blood pressure. His pressure was all over the place! 180/120 to 94/78 all with in hours of each other. He is struggling with being here in the PICU, here he is hooked up to monitors and cannot be a mobile as he was over at the Oncology unit we were on previously. There was also talk about going home before we came back to the PICU, so it was hard. But right now things are better, Austin's creatin levels for his kidney's are starting to trend in the right direction, and his lipase levels for his tummy are doing the same.

Today I was in the shower feeling kind of low, and I realized that I was not being a grateful as I could be, or more importantly that I was not feeling the JOY of being grateful and I really needed to have that feeling. I prayed for help, and listed some of my blessings and thanked Heavenly Father for them. I also told Him that I was going to try harder to re-call my blessings when times were tough and to be grateful for them. I felt much better after that, sometimes I can't believe how much my whole attitude and mood can be turned around after I decide to be grateful.

Earlier in the week Ben and I had found a house to rent, but it wasn't going to be available to show until this Saturday. We discussed it and decided that Ben would call and tell them we would take it if the would show it to him today before he left to come up and see us. There are 15 people who booked appointments to see it tomorrow and 30 people have called to ask about it. It has everything we are looking for...and we got it! That's only part of the story though.

Because of all the house stuff Ben was late getting to the airport. He called to tell me that traffic was not moving, I assured him we would work it out. Literally a couple of seconds after he hung up talking to me there was a phone call from Southwest to inform him that his plane would be delayed by an hour! When he called to tell me I just though of how blessed we were. Ben and I (especially Ben) have been praying to find a place, and working really hard on our end so this was a great blessing.

Heavenly Father is so mindful of us. We couldn't plan better if we tried! This was way more than just finding a place to live. This was my Father reaching out to me, telling me that he loves and cares for my little family. He knows when and how I need to be lifted up, and I am so grateful for that. He is showing me when I give Him control, great things come to pass, and the greatest of all is to feel His love.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I love how you said He knows how to lift you up. It's so true. He knew you needed a back yard and a wahing machine if you had to leave us!! Thanks for the call today. It made me happy.

Kevin and Eliza said...

I'm so glad you were blessed to get the home. How wonderful! Keep hanging on.