So for the longest time I have been trying to coupon to save money on grocery shopping. I am a thrifty person, always trying to find a bargain. I pride myself on my second had finds, clearance rack deals, and just going without when I can. I have tried to coupon and to put it nicely I suck at it! I don't know if it is because it is so much work, I don't want to dish out money for the Sunday newspaper (it's expensive! and they say if you don't get at least four a week it doesn't make it worth it), or what. I think that I might try it one more time..but I don't know I feel pretty discouraged. Any suggestions?
(Just found this fist full of coupons button on Tiffany Fackrell's blog, so I will see if this will help!)

7 comments:
I'm not a couponer. I like my bargains too, but for some reason, coupons just don't appeal. My friend has some websites she uses that frequently have good deals.
I think the paper is worth it. I don't know how much it costs for you, but here it is $1.50 if you buy it at the stand. I clip anywhere from $5-$10 worth of coupons a week. Some weeks are definitely better than others...but here's a tip, the 1st sunday of each month usually has the most coupons in it and if there is a holiday, there are no coupons, so you don't need to worry about that paper (at least this holds true up here). So you could try that. I also divide my coupons into categories and they each have their own envelopes..."dairy", "baby items", "frozen foods", etc. That way I can keep them organized and after looking through the ads, I just match up the coupons with what's on sale. If I know I need something and I have a coupon for it, I bring it with me and hope it's on an unadvertised sale, usually isn't, but sometimes I get lucky. What I also find helpful is writing out my list of things I need to buy on an envelope and sticking the coupons in it, so that way it's all right there. It's hard at first, but once you get the hang of it, you wonder why you didn't earlier. I didn't start this until about 4 months ago or so, and still trying to figure out how to get the best deals, but I'm finding it to be easier each week. Don't give up, or get discouraged, you'll get it! :)
I LOVE that site. although, it is a bit easier if you were here in Tri Cities because they do all of the work for you and match up everything using our tri city harold. although, I think most of the inserts you get in the sunday paper are probably the same most places. I say start with like two sunday papers instead of the four and see if you can see a difference. A lot of coupons you can just print from the internet, and the sites usually let you print two. (I like coupons.com) that is what I am doing. Also only use the coupons for the things that are on sale. unless you were going to buy that product no matter what. I can definitely say my pantry has never had more food in it EVER. And I don't EVER buy a box of cereal that is over ONE dollar! Albertson's is the best grocery store for coupons. do you have one close by? If you have any questions on that site I can try and explain it to you! I seriously love it though!
Good luck. That is all I have to say. I feel like it is a full time job to save so little money. So I know what you mean.
Cortney - It is so good to hear from you! It looks like you guys are doing well. Your kids are adorable! Well, I just recently got a Nikon D90 with a 50mm lens and an 85mm lens. I am in the very early stages of learning how to use it, but it has been fun. I read one of your earlier posts where you were wondering about blog books. I have published my blog posts using www.blurb.com. I have a book for 2007-2008 and a book for 2009. As I write my posts I just import them into Blurb and then I edit the pages the way I want them. I hope this helps.
So i read your comment asking me some questions about my pictures. I have a blog that I am tracking what I am doing, kind of that you can check out. It is watchbrittanylearn.blogspot.com. It isn't anything special just something to put my pictures up on to see how I am improving. Let me know if you want to know anything else.
Hey you! I'm blog stalking you. Cute blog! I've put you on my blog list so I can keep up with you! You have such a beautiful family! Oh, and about the couponing...yeah, I've tried and I just don't really have the motivation to do it so much. I like it when I do it and see what I've saved, but actually getting myself to do it, I tend not to so much. Good luck to both of us on that. :)
Post a Comment